Director and Choreographer: Vanessa Evans
Assistant Director and Choreographer: Haley Gaskin
Vocal Director: Art Ortiz
Saturday, September 7, 2019, from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Telegrammer Audition Workshop:
Saturday, September 7, 2019, starting at 10:00 am
Friday, September 13, 2019, from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday, September 14, 2019, from 9:00 am and 12:00 pm
Saturday, September 14, 2019, starting at 12:00 pm
Call-Backs (by Invitation Only):
Saturday, September 14, 2019, from 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm
Workshops and Auditions Location:
OCCT’s NEW HOME at Harbor Commerce Centre
13884 Harbor Blvd., Unit 7B, Garden Grove, CA 92843
North of Westminster Blvd. in the back, right side of the property
Huntington Beach High School Historic Auditorium
1901 Main Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
south of Yorktown and north of Adams
Fridays, January 10th and 17th
Saturdays, January 11th and 18th
Sundays, January 12th and 19th
Business ads are available to place in our program. See our pricing and design guidelines below.
Audition Prep Info
What to Prepare
- Please prepare 32 bars of a song for your audition. You may not sing acapella - we have to hear you sing with music. Choose your favorite Disney song or a song similar to the style of the musical.You are allowed to sing a song from the show. A new popular song you hear on the radio isn't a good choice. You must bring either sheet music for the song in the key you want it played or a CD without vocals (like a Karaoke version), or the music on your phone. If you bring sheet music, a piano accompanist will be available at auditions to play for you. You MUST have a prepared song to audition.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes to move freely in as you will learn a simple dance and may read from a script.
- Be prepared to list all date conflicts you might have with other school performance, sports groups or other events. This is very important! Your number of conflicts may affect casting and adding conflicts later may result in removal from a role or dismissal from the cast.
- Have a parent or guardian present to sign permission slip and paperwork.
- At OCCT, we have no problem with actors listing only the roles they will accept. We understand that kids are busy and have other options for performance and activities. We do ask that if you specify a role, and you are given that role, please accept the role. If you say that you will accept any role and you are cast then please honor your word. Changing your mind a few days after auditions is not fair to the organization, to the other kids auditioning, or the directing team who may have to re-shuffle the whole cast or find a replacement.
Before you leave auditions you will be told whether or not to come to callbacks on Saturday, September 14th Casting will be completed on Sunday, September 15th. Results will be available by Sunday evening on our Cast List page. If you are offered a part, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to accept or decline your role. Your decision must be received by Monday, September 16th by 7 p.m. We will recast the role after this deadline.
KalaA gentle mother ape. Kerchak's mate and Tarzan’s protector.
Vocal range top: Eb5
Vocal range bottom: E3
KerchakThe gruff leader of the gorillas and Kala’s mate.
Vocal range top: Gb4
Vocal range bottom: Ab2
LeopardA fierce carnivore that threatens both gorillas and humans.
Dance Experience a Plus
Young TarzanAn innocent young boy. Loses his parents and is raised by the apes. Will be using performance Silks.
Vocal range top: E4
Vocal range bottom: C3
Young TerkA sarcastic adolescent ape. Tarzan’s best friend.
Vocal range top: B4
Vocal range bottom: G3
TerkA sarcastic adolescent ape. Tarzan’s best friend.
Vocal range top: B4
Vocal range bottom: Eb3
TarzanA vulnerable, fearless young man raised by apes. Terk’s best friend who falls in love with Jane. Our story’s protagonist. Will be using performance Silks.
Vocal range top: Bb4
Vocal range bottom: B2
JaneAn adventurous young English botanist. She falls in love with Tarzan. Will be using performance Silks.
Vocal range top: F5
Vocal range bottom: F#3
PorterA bumbling English professor of biology. Jane’s father.
Vocal range top: C4
Vocal range bottom: B2
ClaytonA brutish, greedy hunter and guide. Leads Jane and Porter’s expedition.