Orange County Children’s Theatre Presents, “Once Upon a Mattress”
- Mondays and Wednesdays 6PM - 9PM
- Saturdays from 9AM to 3PM
- Schedule starts the Saturday after auditions and continues up until the week before the show opens.
LOCATION (for Workshops, Auditions and Rehearsals)-
- Grace Lutheran School 5172 McFadden Ave. Huntington Beach 92649
Cast Auditions- ages 8-18 (if 18, must be in high school)
- Friday, February 15th 6-9pm OR Saturday, February 16th 9am-12pm
Telegrammer auditions-(ages 5+)
- Saturday, February 9th 12-1pm
No registration is needed for auditions.
Complete the Audition Packet and bring with you to your audition.
TECH WEEK AND SHOWS (No conflicts are allowed during tech week or shows)
Tech Week schedule:
- Saturday, May 4th 9am-4pm
- Monday, May 6th - Thursday May 9th 6pm-10pm each night
- Fridays, May 10th and May 17th at 7 pm
- Saturdays, May 11th and May 18th at 2 pm and 7 pm
- Sundays, May 12th and May 19th at 2 pm
LOCATION (for Tech Week and Shows)-
- Rose Center Theater 14140 All American Way, Westminster, CA 92683
What to prepare for
• Please prepare 32 bars of a song for your audition. You may not sing acapella - we have to hear you sing with music. You may choose any Broadway show tune or old standard song. The director does NOT recommend singing a song from the show we're auditioning. A new popular song you hear on the radio isn't a good choice. You must bring either sheet music for the song in the key you want it played or a CD without vocals (like a Karaoke version), or the music on your phone. If you bring sheet music, a piano accompanist will be available at auditions to play for you. You MUST have a prepared song to audition.
• Wear comfortable clothes and shoes to move freely in as you will learn a simple dance and may read from a script.
• Be prepared to list all date conflicts you might have with other school performance, sports groups or other events. This is very important! Your number of conflicts may affect casting and adding conflicts later may result in removal from a role or dismissal from the cast.
• Have a parent or guardian present to sign permission slip and paperwork.
• At OCCT, we have no problem with actors listing only the roles they will accept. We understand that kids are all busy and have other options for performance and activities. We do ask that if you do specify a role, and you are given that role, please accept the role. If you say that you will accept any role and you are cast then please honor the commitment you made. Changing your mind a few days after auditions is not fair to the organization, to the other kids auditioning, or the directing team who may have to re-shuffle the whole cast or find a replacement.
• Shows run Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for two weekends.
• Auditions are free of charge and completely open to the public. You don't need to make an appointment, just show up on the audition date and be prepared as described above.
• If you are cast, our fees are:
- $300.00 cast fee
- $25 minimum show program ad.
- Active OCCT annual Membership. Memberships start at $35 per year.
OCCT is a parent-run, 100 % volunteer, non-profit organization. Each family will be required to volunteer for 15 preproduction hours and work a minimum of 4 shows.