What to prepare for
• Wear comfortable clothes to move freely in, you will learn a simple dance and may read from a script.
• Be prepared to list date conflicts you might have with other school performance, sports groups or other events. This is very important. Your number of conflicts will affect your chances of being cast and adding conflicts later may result in dismissal from the cast.
• Have a parent or guardian present to sign permission slips.
• At OCCT we have no problem with actors listing only the roles they will accept. We understand that kids are all busy and have other options for performance and activities. We do ask that if you do specify a role, and you are given that role, please accept the role. If you say that you will accept any role and you are cast then please honor the commitment you made. Changing your mind a few days after auditions is not fair to the organization, to the other kids trying out, or the directing team who may have to re-shuffle the whole cast or find a replacement.
• Our goal is to help kids learn skills in the Performing Arts, but we also must provide a quality show worth our ticket price to continue to exist. We can't give a part to everyone who auditions. We do encourage you to come out and try, even if you've never acted before. You will always learn something at an audition, even if you don't get cast for the show. We get a large turnout at the auditions, and many of the kids have a lot of stage experience.
• Shows run Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for two weekends.
• If you are cast, our fees are
- $300.00 cast fee
- $25 minimum show program ad.
- Active OCCT annual Membership. Memberships start at $25 per year.
The cast fee helps to cover instruction, costumes, props, sets insurance, venue rentals for rehearsals, performances and other costs associated with the show. Parents are asked to perform 15 hours of pre-show labor (per family) doing publicity, set construction, costuming, prop making, or whatever they can contribute. Parents also sign-up to work at least 4 out of the 8 shows helping with costumes, sets, props, hair & make-up, ushering, concessions, merchandise, box office and telegrams. Deposits of $150 for pre-show hours and $150 for show-run hours are required per family. These are refunded when parents meet their work-hour requirements. Parents who know they won't be able to meet the hour requirements can forfeit the deposits up front and we'll use it to hire labor to work their hours.